Im going to get five games,

Upcoming games or other games without a TFK division
miaowang123

Im going to get five games,

Postby miaowang123 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:52 am

Despite three home runs by St. Pauls Willie Cabrera, the Winnipeg Goldeyes hung on to win a huge game on Tuesday night. Thanks to a strong start by Nick Hernandez, a homer and three hits from Jake Blackwood and a big save from Brendan Lafferty, the Goldeyes beat the St. Paul Saints 6-4 to win the first game of an important three-game series in front of 5,521 at Shaw Park. With the victory, the Goldeyes won their second straight game and improved to 49-32 on the season. More importantly, they dropped the Saints to 44-35, as first-place Winnipeg took a four-game lead over the Saints in the race for first in the American Associations North Division. "You try to treat every game like its just another game but you could tell by the look in some of the guys eyes in the clubhouse that that game was a little more important," said Hernandez, who went eight-plus innings, allowing four runs on just five hits. "Weve worked too hard for almost 80 games to let this lead slip away. We want to win every game we can, but this game was a little extra special because it guarantees that well still be in first place no matter what happens when St. Paul leaves town." The Saints opened the scoring in the top of the first, as Willie Cabrera hit his first of three home runs on the night, but the Goldeyes answered with two in the bottom of the first and never looked back. Brock Bond led off with a walk, Jake Blackwood singled and Tyler Kuhn walked to lad the bases. After Casey Haerther struck out, Reggie Abercrombie singled to drive in Bond and then Donnie Webb lined out to centre and his sacrifice fly scored Blackwood. The Goldeyes made it 4-1 in the fifth, as Ryan Pineda and Blackwood hit solo homers. Cabrera hit his second solo homer of the game to make it 4-2 in the top of the sixth, but the Goldeyes answered in the bottom half of the inning as Luis Alen singled home Abercrombie. In the seventh, the Goldeyes made it 6-2, as Kuhns sacrifice fly drove home Bond from third, but in the ninth Cabrera drove Hernandez from the game with his third homer of the night, a two-run shot that made the score 6-4 and made the game very interesting. "The first at bat, I threw a change on 2-1 and he hit it out," said Hernandez. "In his third at bat, I threw him a real good pitch and he hit it the other way. I even asked Luis (Alen) and he thought it was a good pitch. He just got the best of me on that one. The final at bat, I threw him the 2-1 change again and he got the best of me again. Now I know what not to throw him." Hernandez (9-2, 3.58 ERA) got the victory, while Saints starter Anthony Claggett (5-5, 2.99 ERA), the starter for the North team in the All-Star game last month, took the loss. Brendan Lafferty (2.48 ERA) picked up his third save of the season for the Goldeyes. The Goldeyes and Saints will play Game 2 of this three-game series on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. at Shaw Park. Matt Jackson (8-6, 4.13 ERA) will get the start for the Goldeyes, while Robert Coe (5-6, 6.72 ERA) will head to the bump for St. Paul. Authentic James Carpenter Jersey . The former Edmonton Oilers defenceman was with the St. Louis Blues in training camp on a professional tryout. Whitney, 30, had four goals and 13 points in 34 games with the Oilers last season. Authentic Steve McLendon Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.cheapnewyorkjetsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-terrelle-pryor-sr-jersey . The Senators will put the busy off-season and training camp behind them when they open their regular season on the road. They kick things off Friday against the Buffalo Sabres and then head to Toronto to take on the Maple Leafs on Saturday. Authentic Chris Herndon Jersey . -- Felix Girard scored on the power play in the third period to lift the Baie-Comeau Drakkar past the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 4-3 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action Friday. Authentic Jordan Jenkins Jersey . The New York State Supreme Court only partially dismissed the lawsuit, meaning the case could be headed for trial. The tour announced a year ago that Singh would be suspended for saying in a Sports Illustrated story that he took deer antler spray, which was believed to contain the banned substance IGF-1.BALTIMORE - Orioles third baseman Manny Machado began serving a five-game suspension Monday, nearly three weeks after Major League Baseball initially levied the sentence and five days after his appeal hearing. Machado was suspended and fined on June 10 for intentionally throwing his bat on the field during an at-bat in Baltimores game against Oakland on June 8. Machado immediately appealed the suspension, and spoke for about an hour Wednesday in an appeal hearing in Baltimore with MLB official Joe Garagiola Jr. The initial decision was upheld, meaning Machado will miss the Orioles four-game series against visiting Texas that began Monday, along with Friday nights game in Boston. "When we went in for an appeal I thought we had a good case, we had a great case," Machado said Monday afternoon. "We said what we had to say. It didnt come out how we wanted it to, but going into the appeal you know its going to be 50-50. Its something you cant control. I think we did the right thing, its a flip of the coin and we came up short. ... So now were just going to have to deal with the consequences." So will the Orioles, who will be forced to play with a 24-man roster. Chris Davis, who usually plays first base, was at third base on Monday night. "Thats the worst part about it. Were down a man," Machado said. "Obviously I dont want to put my team in that situation, especially five tough games." Machado tossed his bat in the direction of third base during a plate appearance in which Oakland reliever Fernando Abad threw successive high-and-tight pitches. After the bat went soaring, both benches emptied. Machado and Abad were ejected. Abad was fined but not suspended. "I didnt throw the bat at the pitcher. I didnt harm anybody. And Im going to get five games," Machado said. "I didnt charge the mound. I didnt get in a fight. ... This is an unfortunate event and Im going to have to deal with it." Orioles executive vice-president Dan Duquette said: "Obviously, we were disappointed. We were hoping the suspension would be reduced, and we thought there were good reasons it should have been reduced.dddddddddddd" In the opener of that series against the Athletics on June 6, Machado yelled in the face of Oaklands Josh Donaldson after the third baseman tagged him on the chest and caused him to lose his balance. Both benches emptied, but there were no ejections. "It sounded like they were giving him four games for the bat and they were also giving him an additional game for the Friday night," Duquette said. "I hadnt heard of a case where they went back and retroactively apply a suspension. ... The umpires didnt recommend any discipline; Manny stayed in the game. So that was kind of puzzling." Machado, 21, said he learned a lesson from the experience. "Dont do it again," he said. "You dont want to be in this situation. No one wants to be in it. Well just go from here and try to put this behind me and just go on playing baseball." Orioles manager Buck Showalter hoped the five-game sentence would be lowered after the appeal, but was ready to move on after the punishment remained in place. "It was surprising," Showalter said. "Were not going to dwell on it. We understand the rules and why things are in place for different reasons. There are repercussions for actions in baseball as there are in life in general. Hopefully, there will be some positive that comes out of it where Manny is concerned in the future and for all players, managers and coaches." Machado missed the first month of the 2014 season recovering from off-season knee surgery and got off to a slow start at the plate. Just before Mondays suspension, however, he had 10 hits over an eight-game span to raise his batting average 15 points to .239, and he also hit three home runs in his previous four starts. That made the timing of the suspension even tougher to take. "Definitely. It just (stinks)," he said. "I was starting to feel a little better at the plate and here they come with that bomb, five games. It was going to come. It was just about time to come. Unfortunately it came in the wrong spot, but hey, nothing you can do about it." Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “Other Games”