Darkfall: New Dawn

Open forum for TFK members and friends
Silva
TFK Leader

Darkfall: New Dawn

Postby Silva » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:25 pm

Latest Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR2euSMYpSo
Official Website: https://darkfallnewdawn.com/

A few old members have twisted my arm to give this a shot. Not making TFK at this point but will be playing with an existing group of old TFK members and friends.

For those out of touch, here is a list of most of the changes, major ones being local banking, stricter alignment/racial wars, dedicated crafters, local marketplaces and a rework of the combat system which they call titles (aka classes :lol:)

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/inde ... #msg111240

Send me a PM here on discord if you want to play with us and ill hook you up with the info

Hope everyone is well!
Silva

PS Alfar Only :twisted:
Quik Silva (DFUW) / Wolfen Silva (DFO) / Silva & Wildwood (AC DT)

morph

Re: Darkfall: New Dawn

Postby morph » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:34 am

Blast from the past :D
How are you all?

SlyXaojin
Rock me Amadeus - Master Knight

Postby SlyXaojin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:00 pm

How time consuming is it these days? I feel tempted but I am not sure if i can take the grind :/

Silva
TFK Leader

Postby Silva » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:26 pm

Grind is reduced a lot, with the title system, front loaded stats/skills, a strong focus on meditation and a daily powerhour which you can use on spawn scaled mobs for really good xp gains.

Magics spells are also linked to the school so all spells and subskills level simultaneously, whichever you use (outside of rays)

They have done a lot of things right, but not going to lie, its an mmo and naturally a huge time sink if you want it to be :lol:

SlyXaojin

Postby SlyXaojin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Overall this does not sound that bad. However I remember that grinding resources was the really time consuming part in the past. Did they increase the drop rate by any chance?

Also, since I read the race restriction got stronger somehow.... if I would give it a shot, what race/allegiance is the majority of you guys playing there? wolf/orc again?

Race advantages are as in the past? Wolfs 2h sword, orcs H2 axe?

Silva
TFK Leader

Postby Silva » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:46 pm

resource grinding is still a thing, they have reduced it and have regionalised most resources to have a greater impact on local banking, marketplaces and no forms of instant travel.

The alignment system is actually working, so far ive only seen 1 racial red player, 99% of players are blue and the majority playing in racial alliance only clans. Random players are playing together, and spawning mob spawns for more loot/xp.

They equalised melee reach across all races and hitbox width, the only difference is hitbox height. We are Alfars :lol:

Seize is a much improved skill for melee, it has 2-3 times the reach of a regular swing. 1H weapons are also more viable now and Polearms are buffed back to their orig 0.2 speed.

SlyXaojin

Postby SlyXaojin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:34 pm

I guess I will give it a shot :)

Stromberg

Postby Stromberg » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:20 pm

nice to see many tfk playing. iam a dwarf though :-) good luck and see ya on the battlefield. create TFK imo :)

Silva
TFK Leader

Postby Silva » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Well looks like Kokanee wanted to put TFK up anyway, so here we are, it will be a relaxed affair as most us are drawing pensions and using walking frames these days :lol:

Gruul

Postby Gruul » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:05 pm

So how many people are actually playing DND? Does it feel empty or is there actually enough players to make the world (and the game) feel alive? Life is Feudal is losing people fast and I may need to start looking for a new game to play, at least until they add some sort of endgame...
ImageImageImageImageImage

raven

Postby raven » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:55 am

Logged the other day and loved what they've done. So much better than the original imo. I will be playing this for a while so I'll come on discord next time.

It will be nice to hear some familiar voices.

What's the pop like?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before.
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"

Silva
TFK Leader

Postby Silva » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:17 am

DND had a drop off after the release month as every mmo does, but with a smaller pop game its definately more noticable, its a lot harder to guage the real population as you cant zip around the map with runes/portals. As a pure guess I would say its mid pop DFO right now. There are lots of active clans, and it doesnt feel "dead" as the doomsayers on the forums and discord are saying.

We didnt start TFK on release, it was an afterthought as not many of us thought we would be playing, but we do have a very active clan without recruiting.

We are invite only atm but old cores are very welcome, look forward to seeing you guys in game.

Ahnull Bahrd

Postby Ahnull Bahrd » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:42 pm

Ahoy! :)

I hope everyone is well. I checked out ROA and New Dawn recently. Of the two I think I'd definitely prefer the ND ruleset but unfortunately my ping is prohibitive.

In 2013 I came out to Australia on a working holiday visa. I met a girl, fell in love and we lived together for the remainder of my visa's life in Aus. She came back and lived with me in the UK for 2 years, during which we got engaged, saved up some moneyz and now we're back out here hopefully for good (Especially since we've had to drop 7 grand for the visa application). The good news is that we get to live in paradise. The bad news is that it means I get between 4 and 500ping on ND. I get between 3 and 400 on RoA. Either way, I don't think it's happening. I'm no Val Roth.

I tried checking in a few times over the last few years but the website always gave me shitty errors.

How is everyone? You all caving skulls in in ND?

Return to “TFK Public Forum”