Wasteland for Arma 2

Upcoming games or other games without a TFK division
Silva
TFK Leader

Wasteland for Arma 2

Postby Silva » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:34 pm

We have been playing it this last week since the Darkfall beta was broken and its been a ton of fun

It's a new custom player made mission, similar to DayZ without the zombies or persistence.

Its a lot more fast paced than DayZ, with a lot more PvP and action, weapons and vehicles are readily available, and you can build your own base!

The main premise is to scavenge for weapons, food, money and vehicles, buy new weapons/equipment at gunstores around the map and then if you are on one of the main teams (opfor or bluefor) build an actual base with building materials that are scattered around the map. You can spawn on your teammates if they hold the town they are in, or at your base if the team pool their money and buy a spawn beacon. You can also play as an independent and kill everyone but its a much harder playstyle and not so suitable for groups.

There are side missions and main missions with unique weapons and vehicles (helis, tanks etc) which all teams fight to secure, which creates a lot of PvP and action.

You need Arma 2 combined operations to play it, which is currently £13 on steam I believe.

We usually play on the OCUK #001 server with a slightly customised version of the original wasteland:

@MarKeR's Slightly Custom Version Of Wasteland!

Spawn with G17 with 1 Mag.
Player menu accessable through scroll wheel.
Respawn with G17, 1 Mag, 250 water and food health.
Respawn with 2 x water & 2 x food.
Lowered spawn rates slightly for medium guns & rifles.
Re-changed spawn rates for Heavy rated guns.. Lowered by 30%.
Increased spawn rates for All vehicles, objects and boats.
Added 3 new classes of vehicles. BTR90, BRDM2 & BAF Jackal variants.
Missions - Changed respawn rate again for mission. WIP to get correct times for mission reloads!
Chinnok added to Heli mission.
All helis are now fully fuelled on all missions.
Civilians changed to Independent. Every Independent is fair game! Still to add more player choice of model!
Tank mission added to rotation!
Added Little bird, MH60 & Insurgent Huey into spawn tables! Removed Merlin too large for random Spawning! : Removed, see below.
Excluded a whole load of armoured vehicles. Far too many variants spawning!
Rogue feature has been removed!
Visibility distance choice added to player menu!
Extra money on respawn! Will allow you to buy guns easily at gun shops!
Scud Launcher Mission added to rotation! : Not working properly, map click landing zone not working.
Display friendly tags script added!
Removed some variants of armoured vehicles!
Added a few more player selections in Blufor & Opfor!
Changed GUER to correct models...
Changed roaming AI to Civilian group, so they attack all!
Cleaned up some code!
Icons over friendly player heads working!
Armoured Vehicles and Helis now have separate spawn routines!
5 Helis : 3 Little Birds, 1 standard Huey & 1 Camo Huey!
12 Armoured vehicles. 4 Tracked, 8 Wheeled! : This number can be added to!
All vehicles spawn with random fuel, weapons & damage!
Heli mission : Heli is now empty of fuel on spawn!
NW Airfield is now heavily guarded! : Please report back to me on this please, all 3 factions!
Thermal weapons have been removed. Two variants of the L85 have been introduced.
3 new capture the jet missions have been inserted.
Random spawning of anti vehicle and anti personnel weapons inside NW buildings
Scud launcher mission changed to mobile artillery.
Removed logo to reduce the size of mission by more than 1/4.
Increased beacon count usage.
Increased chance of weapons spawning within vehicles.
Increased vehicle count.
Added CAN_COLLIDE to armour vehicle spawns. Should spawn exactly where the random function chooses.Latest changes in Red!

Fixed
Respawn now with G17 1 Mag.
Respawn scroll wheel player menu works at all times!

Bugs
Player menu multiplying after every vehicle entry! : Fixed

WIP
Player Icons/Friendly Tags, ranging from 0 mtrs to 200 mtrs : Super Completed
Moving train script. Possible problem when objects are randomly spawned over tracks! : Removed
Possible change from Civilian to Independent. Lone wolf team : Completed
Take out the rogue feature! Not needed if above! : Completed
Adding in more player choice of in game personnel : Removed
Spawn some weapons within building! : Spawned items include launchers, both AA & AT. NVGs and anti personnel / tank IEDs and Mines. : Partial.
Packs of wild dogs, working in test mission, need to test on dedicated server. Will they be friendly dogs or, will they chase you down? : Removed.
Ability to heal all players of same side, no matter if medic or not. : Will change this to Indies can heal each other! : Removed. Next Release.
Missions are far far too easy. Increase skill level, amount and random groups at mission spawn areas!
Possibly put an IED detection system in vehicles.
Mobile spawn for Blufor & Opfor.

Description:
Wasteland is a post apocalyptic sandbox that evolved from Dynamic Zombies Sandbox by Craig/bobtom. Wasteland is a game mode that gives players a more PVP feel on the large map Chernarus.
The main objective of Wasteland is to scavenge for supplies, weapons vehicles and defend yourself against other factions. There are four factions in Wasteland (Blufor,Opfor,Civilian,Raiders).
Civilians are given a choice if they want to work as a team with other civilians or go 'rogue' and become a blood thirsty raider leaving no survivors and taking what they want. While Wasteland is TVT focused
there are AI factions called 'Raiders' that spawn at side missions and will roam the wastes searching for targets. These AI are deadly and will kill you in a heart beat!

Features:
- Scavenging system: Scavenge for food, water, and guns
- Dynamic Vehicles & Objects to build bases with
- real-time base building capabilities by using R3F Logistics with modifications
- Survival like system: Enables hunger and dehydration
- Gun stores
- Spawn beacons for a mobile spawn for yourself
- Dynamic Environment
- Anti Teleport for cheaters (read notes)

Known Issues:
Side missions: Side some side missions sometime bugs out, side missions weren't the primary focus of this version but in the upcoming versions I hope to revise them.
Player Menu: Every now an then (rarely) the player menu will bug out for JIP clients preventing them from opening the menu, for a fix just rejoin.
FPS Lag: Every now an then when the server starts with a lot of players (30+) most suffer from frame lag, can be fixed by using left shift + minus via numpad and typing F L U S H.

Notes:
Player Menu: The player menu is a virtual gear menu which can be accessed by using the ~ key next your 1 key on your keyboard. This menu is very important, if it doesn't pull up then try reconnecting, some users experience issues with this.

Wasteland virtually works the same as Dynamic Zombie Sandbox by Craig/bobtom, it can work dynamically on any map although currently there are a few things preventing it from going from island-to-island by not editing it via the mission editor which is the gun stores and AEG markers, in the upcoming releases I plan to have a preset for various different islands where a user can play Wasteland on. Please note that wasteland is not intended to be ran as a 'listen' server as this was mainly built for team vs team but does have some AI encounters to liven the mood so its main purpose is dedicated servers. Also within Wasteland virtually any addon based vehicle or weapon will work with Wasteland just by loading the server with the mod and the clients.

With the coming updates I want to expand upon the side missions and improve upon them. Along with that I want to make the roaming AI more fluenent and dynamic along with various
dynamic skill changes upon each AI and have certain groups of AI for various rolls and also expand upon the hunger system and add more effects for the more hungerier you get and dehydrated.

Wasteland has a built in anti-teleport script which will report players to the server's RPT log with the syntax: TP-LOG: playername:uid:distance:isvehicle, now this isn't always 100% accurate due to player-to-player desync but usually if the distance is greater then 300 meters then you may have a cheater, use your judgement as a server admin, but either way that person will teleport back to their previous position.

FAQ
Q. What am I supposed to do here?
A. See the above description
Q. Wcan I get a gun?
A. Weapoe found in one of three places, first in ammo caches that randomly spawn around the map, and second, in the gear section of the vehicles, which also randomly spawn around the map. The last place to find a gun would be at the gunshops located throughout the map. You can also find them on dead players whose bodies have not yet been looted.

Q. lored circles on the map?
A. The colored circles reprepower grids, each color with its own transformer or substation. If you tamper with the substation, the grid will lose power, it will be very inconvenient for anyone looking through the town at night.

Q. Why is it so dark, I
A. The server has a day/night cycle just like inreal world, and as such, night time is a factor in your survival. It is recommended that you find sources of light or Night Vision Goggles before the darkness sets in. You can find night vision goggles in vehicles, or you can purchase them at the gunshops.

Q. Is it ok for me to shoot my team ma are a member of the OpFor or the BluFor, it is seriously frownen to shoot your teammates and go rogue. It is recommended that if you want to go rogue and lone wolf it, that you join the civilian faction. If you are civilian and intend to go rogue, inform your team as such so that there is no confusion as to why you shot them.

Q. Whats with the teapots and big bags?
A. This game has a food andtem that you must stay on top of if you hope to sur You can collect food and water from water barrels, food stands, or dead players bodies. Food and water will randomly spawn around the map. Other items that will randomly spawn are fuel cans for refueling vehicles, medkits for healing yourself, and toolkits for repairing vehicles. Each of these is a one-time-only use item.

Q. I saw someone breaking a rule, what do I do?
A. Simply go into global chat and tention of one of the admins (Tonic, Whiskey, LUNCHBOX) and let them know who the offender was and what they did and they will be dealt with swiftly.

"Hints & Tips",
"

At the start of the game, spread out and find supplies before worrying aboute to establish a meetinge or a base, supplies are important and very valuable.
When picking a base location, it is best advised to pick a place that is out of the way and not so obvious sucairports, cities, castles, etc. remember, players randomly spawn in and around towns and could even spawn inside your base should you set it up in a town.
If you spawn in an area with no vehicles or supplies in the immediate area, DO NOT just click respawn from the pausu, chances are if you search an area of a few hundred meters, you will find something.
Always be on the lookout for nightvision. Two pairs are located in the Large Cache, and there are pairs scattered throughout cars. You can also purchase them from the gunstores. Nighttime without them SUCKS, and if you have them, you can conduct stealth raids on enemy bases under the cover of complete darkness.
When you set up a base, never leave your supplies unguarded, one guard will suffice, but it is recommended you have at l2, maybe 3 guards at base at all times.
The helicopter from the side mission spawns with no fuel, so do not make a mad dash for the chopper unless you are armed and to protect it, or have some fuel which can be found in the fuel truck, or in the palated barrels from the abandoned base.
There are very aggressive AI characters that spawn with most side missions and will protect the mission objectives with deadly fore aware of them.<

Breaking these will result in a kick/ban
No killing within 200 meters of any of the gunshops
If you are going rogue as a civilian, you must announce to yhat you are an enemy and will shoot them on sight before killing them.
No cross tications/information sharing/alliances.
Don't be an asshat or disrespectful
No hacking/spawning things/teleporting around.]
Quik Silva (DFUW) / Wolfen Silva (DFO) / Silva & Wildwood (AC DT)

mordes
Kraken Slayer

Re: Wasteland for Arma 2

Postby mordes » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:00 pm

wish i knew this before i left home, all the arma disc's are left behind :(

Snake

Postby Snake » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Only played once with Silv/Lynch/Helg but seemed like a good laugh even though I had no idea what was going on. Haven't had chance to play again though because of work :(

helgrrr
Whip Cracker

Postby helgrrr » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:49 pm

An APC flattened my bush :(
Wookie Killah Image

Crasher

Postby Crasher » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:20 am

Just checking but you don't have to download anything other than the latest beta patch am i right.Then disable all mod expansions before searching for wasteland in server filter.

Funky Gibbon
Chief Chuffer

Postby Funky Gibbon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:38 am

I'm looking forward to trying this, I was quite into DayZ last time home.

helgrrr wrote:An APC flattened my bush :(

Interesting!!!! :shock:

Silva
TFK Leader

Postby Silva » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Funky you will love this, vehicles all over the place, and we dont have to run around collecting parts by stacking warehouses, you can choose mechanic class and repair any vehicle to a driving state, if you want to fix them up to full green we need to earn 1k cash and buy a repair kit, or capture a repair truck as a side mission :)

Silva
TFK Leader

Postby Silva » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:06 pm

Crasher wrote:Just checking but you don't have to download anything other than the latest beta patch am i right.Then disable all mod expansions before searching for wasteland in server filter.

Yeah that should do it, the shortcut you need is the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" then just filter on mission wasteland

semuc
Semu Monster - Colonel

Postby semuc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Can you get this game and play it online for free aswell?

Crasher

Postby Crasher » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 pm

you can get arma2Free but need to buy arma2 operation arrowhead which is £14.99 atm on steam but can probably find it cheaper somewhere.

Silva
TFK Leader

Postby Silva » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:54 pm

Yeah you need operation arrowhead, or combined ops to play wasteland, ill see if I can find a good current deal, steam discount it a lot but not at the moment

Best current price ive seen so far is €9.71 on amazon.com download version

semuc
Semu Monster - Colonel

Postby semuc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Hmm.. Okay, cool, thanks.

BeoWulf Walhay

Postby BeoWulf Walhay » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:36 am

Silva.. Since i couldnt get the game to work.
I reistalled it.. Tryed this morning..Fking think still wont connect
eavent thou its all reinstalled :D
It says that the map i try to load is deleted and some weird shit like that :D

Sylpheras

Postby Sylpheras » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:18 am

you sure you're running the arma 2 beta client?

BeoWulf Walhay

Postby BeoWulf Walhay » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:55 am

Sylpheras wrote:you sure you're running the arma 2 beta client?

Yes Sir im positive. I eaven shut off and restarted just to make shure. Its the only one i have on my desktop thats Arma to just to make shure i wont start the wrong one.

Return to “Other Games”